Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tribute to the Stay At Home Dad

Dear Rick,



When people ask me what my husband does, I am proud to tell them that you are a stay-at-home dad. I hope you are as proud as I am. It is so wonderful that you and Will are such good buddies. He loves running errands with dad, helping dad in the yard, taking dad to Gymboree. What a luxury it is to know that Will spends his week days safe and secure, with someone who loves him as much as I do.



You have had many roles in your life: Firstborn Son, Beloved Grandson, Wild Teenager, Hot Shot Sailor, Submariner, Runner and Bicycle Racer, Dashing Naval Officer, Harley Rider, Devoted Husband, Retiree, Casual Golfer, Innkeeper, Armchair Politician, and now Doting Father. I hope you find this phase of your life as fulfilling and rewarding as any other.



We love you,

Megann, Will, Noodle and Captain Hook