Monday, September 8, 2008

All Things Pumpkin

Hooray for Fall and All Things Pumpkin!
Hooray for crisp morning air and thinking about pulling out the sweaters!
Hooray for Crysanthemums and going to the farm for Apple Picking!
Hooray for Fall Foliage and the Pumpkin Show!
Hooray for Halloween decorations and Thanksgiving just around the corner!
These are a few of my favorite pumpkin treats:
pumpkin scented candles
pumpkin spice latte
pumpkin beer
pumpkin pie with homemade crust decorated with darling little leaf-shaped cutouts
I'm thinking of these things because my very favorite pumpkin treat is Godiva Pumpkin Truffles. Imagine little balls of pumpkin pie filling covered in Godiva milk chocolate. If you buy them in the Godiva store they are sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice. Holy Moly! Today in Target I found an economical alternative to the truffles - Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses. I'm thinking of kiss cookies, maybe peanut butter or sugar cookies, topped with these pumpkin spice Kisses. I think I just drooled on my keyboard.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Really, pumpkin beer? Does is taste better than regular beer?

I don't like any type of pumpkin food but I'm drooling after reading your post!

Jen said...

I'm glad there is someone else out there that loves fall as much as me! I'll have to try the pumpkin kisses. Let me know how the cookies turn out!

Megann said...

Hey Mary! If you're not wild about beer or pumpkin, you might not like pumpkin beer, but it has a little bit of a sweeter taste. Mmmm. You have to take the kids to the Circleville Pumpkin Show. Check out the website: www.pumpkinshow.com
I think they would have a good time.

Kara and Jeremy said...

Hey Dr. Smiley! Just found your blog and was blessed to see I have a shoutout. Your purse is still proudly displayed on my bookshelf in the living room. :) Please check out MY BRAND NEW blog: www.karemyandfriends.blogspot.com

PS your blog is super fun.