Monday, September 6, 2010

Summer of Ballet


At the end of the school year I asked Will what activity he'd like to try for the summer. It may have been because he happened to be watching 'Olivia' at the time (that's a cartoon featuring a ballet dancing pig), but he said, "Ballet".
BalletMet
runs some really neat summer camps that last for a couple of weeks and culminate in a 'recital' for families. Will participated in Folk Dances from Around the World,
Magic Garden
,
and
Dance Me a Story
.


If you've never seen little kids dancing ballet, it's pretty hysterical. And those teachers have the patience of saints.

I heard Will say to one of his friends on the playground, "I've been doing ballet so I can jump really high." He told me he enjoyed it and would like to continue in the fall.
I don't mind telling you that I would probably die of excitement if Will ever danced in the Nutcracker.

No comments: