Friday, October 21, 2011

Has it Been a Year Already?

It was hard to go to the Fall Foliage Festival this year without Noodle because Bedford is Noodle's most favorite place. But the awesome folks at MedVet were taking good care of him, so we made the annual pilgrimage. What I look forward to most now is catching up with my wonderfully talented crafting friends.

Debbie Burkey made this ginormous Great Pumpkin. I knew it had to come home with me when I got nervous every time someone else admired it in her booth.
It's pretty impressive, don't you think? You should see it in person.

A couple of years ago, Jill Zieglemeier made two of these hysterical Skully dolls. I'm not kidding when I tell you that I literally had one in my hand and Will let me know that he had to go to the bathroom so I set it down and took Will to find a bathroom. When we got back, both of the Skullys were gone! I was so sad.
This year Jill surprised me with a Skully that she had set aside just for me!
I love being in the Jill V.I.P. Club.

Jill also made this Masquerade Pumpkin.
I love how she's kind of creepy and sweet at the same time.
We did something new this year. After several instances of chickening out at the last minute, Will was finally willing to participate in these cute Tales of Middle Earth plays they put on. Rick and Soren were recruited too! I've seen these Middle Earth people at other events and they always look like lots of fun.

1 comment:

Debbie Burkey said...

Megann,

The picture is great! I hope you don't mind, I saved it and put it on my blog, too. I also added one Tom had on his phone. Hope you like the picture and the pumpkin. Also, Thanks for adding my link to your blog.

Regards,
Debbie