Sunday, December 7, 2014

Blogger Catch Up- Pelotonia!

We rode 50 miles again in this year's Pelotonia. My brother, Edward, and his, girlfriend, Morgan, joined us this year.  It really is so much fun to ride with a group.  Honestly, this year was a lot more physically tough for me and I'm not sure I would have made it the whole way if it had not been for them.

Rick was confident this year that we could ride from our house to the starting line.  I was a little skeptical of starting a 50 mile ride with a 4 mile ride, but he was right (as always)- it was actually a nice little warm up and we fell in with a lot of other riders on the way. It was a great way to build excitement and get into the spirit.


This is us at the first rest area

And this is US at the first rest area. 
Thing #812 that I heart about Morgan is that she is great at taking selfies.

At Mile 23 I hit an emotional wall and was suddenly so physically exhausted I wasn't sure if I was even going to make it to the next rest area.  It was an awful feeling and I had serious thoughts about calling it quits at the half way point.  
A nice rest in the shade, a pep talk from my team mates and selfie were all I needed to rally.

Third rest area selfie (see how cheerful I am managing to look?)

And then the finish was in sight. Whew! 
The best thing about that day was that Rick felt great and said that he felt like he could ride another 50- I am so amazed by him.

Finish Line Selfie








No comments: