Sunday, January 17, 2010

Aha! moment

I usually sort of dread this time of year. I used to call it the Winter Doldrums. The holidays are over. The weather is yucky. Everything is gray: the sky, the patches of dirty snow, the salt encrusted cars. It'll be another few months before we get another three-day-weekend at work. Blech.But then a very wise friend of mine made an off-hand comment that hit me like a ton of bricks. She shared her view of this post-holiday season that I am definitely adopting as my own: this is the quiet time of year after the holiday chaos that started way back in October finally subsides. This is the time of year to catch on projects, clean out closets, enjoy the quiet peace... until the festive chaos of the year catches up with us again.

Funny how God puts people into your life to tap you on the shoulder and whisper His messages to you.

1 comment:

Margo said...

Love it. I always look forward to getting my life organized after the busy time. Now if I could only get my family over being sick then the cleaning can begin.
p.s. we need to get together for lunch or dinner.