Friday, January 22, 2010

Me and my buddies Courtney Cox and Gwenyth Paltrow

Actually, it was my buddy Eleni who turned me onto this awesome workout. Twice a week we go to Urban Moves in Bexeley and exercise for 30 minutes on the Power Plate. It is basically a vibrating platform and we do lunges and pushups and crunches on it. Because the platform vibrates it forces your muscles to do hundreds of tiny little contractions.
I can tell you that this is a workout that leaves you begging for mercy.
It's awesome!
It also makes me feel like I should be dodging the papparazzi when I leave the gym. If you go to the Power Plate website, they have celebrity endorsements by Courtney Cox and Hilary Swank. I hear Madonna takes one of these machines on tour with her. Say what you want about Madonna, the woman's got guns.

2 comments:

Kara and Jeremy said...

I took that class once and I loved it...too bad I never got back! It does kick your butt!

Leah said...

WOW, I have never, ever seen or heard of anything even close to this (although I do actually teach a class called Power Plate at the gym). I may just have to invite myself over to give it a whirl!