Monday, November 10, 2014

Blogger Catch Up- First Communion

Will and his second grade classmates made their First Communion.  It was a very special day.  Will carried an olive wood rosary that had been blessed by Pope John Paul II which my mother had given to Rick when he became a Catholic and he wore a pin that my brother had worn when he made his First Communion.

I love that my children go to catholic school.  I love the small, nurturing community and I love that they are a part of the same traditions that I grew up with.  
The memories I have of my First Communion are that my mother made my dress and that when they handed me the chalice of wine there was only a tiny little bit of wine in the bottom so I had to tip the cup way up to get a sip and it looked like I was guzzling all the communion wine at the tender age of 8.  
Thankfully nobody guzzled the wine at this year's St Mary School First Communion.

No comments: