Saturday, November 15, 2014

Blogger Catch Up- Memorial Day

Over Memorial Day we went to Virginia Beach.  It was part vacation, part investigation of a job offer (shhhhhh- the second part was kind of a secret).  During the long weekend there was plenty of time to frolic in the waves

and play in the sand

and stroll along the boardwalk.  When Soren saw the Neptune statue he said, "Look! It's the Statue of Liberty!"  You can't deny the similarities.

That big rubber duck was in Norfolk that weekend so we went and saw it.  

It was floating right next to the neighborhood where I lived when I was a dental resident so we showed the guys some of mom's old stomping grounds and found this great swing.

I spent some of my elementary school years in Virginia Beach so I couldn't resist visiting the old house
(I remember standing on that porch eating a popsicle when a tree in the front yard got struck by lightening- scary! I also remember roller skating off the end of the porch into the bushes... on purpose) 

and the old school.

I didn't end up accepting the job offer.  We opted instead to stay close to Rick's oncologist, whom he loves.  Virginia Beach is a big Navy town and we didn't realize how many friends we had in the area.  Maybe it's still in the cards for some day.


No comments: