Sunday, May 31, 2015

Will's Big Debut

Will has been taking ballet and tap at Balletmet for several years now.  Always in the past, when the year ends, parents are invited to the last class to watch a little here's-what-we've-learned performance.  This year Will was advanced enough in ballet to participate in the Spring Performance- a three performance production put on at the Capitol Theatre to showcase all the levels of dance instruction that go on throughout the year.  And because Will is one of the rare male ballet students, he performed in all three shows in a dance number that included all the boys at Balletmet from Ballet I on up.  
It was really and truly amazing to see Will up on the stage dancing with the other boys.  I got goosebumps, tears came to my eyes, and I clapped and cheered like a maniac when the curtain fell. 
But it wan't just me- everyone in the audience whistled and yelled. The boys' dance was definitely a highlight of the show.  I overheard people talking about it at intermission and before and after each of the shows while my heart swelled with pride.
Best of all- Will loved it! I think he mostly liked hanging out with his buddies down in the dressing rooms when they weren't on stage.  After the Friday night show he couldn't wait to go back for the two shows on Saturday.  Seeing him have such an awesome experience was a memory I hope to hang onto for a while.

A dressing room selfie before the first show 
(mom's weren't technically allowed in the dressing rooms but you know us stage moms)

Will after the second show

Photography was not allowed during the performances, but Soren drew a pretty realistic representation on the iPad

No comments: